An opportunity for FinTech GBxers to discuss opportunities and challenges for FinTech in the UK with Miles Celic, CEO of The CityUK and member of HM Treasury Financial Services Trade and Investment Board (FSTIB).
As part of his visit to the Bay Area, Miles is keen to hear from us:
- Perspectives and experiences from UK and US as locations for scaling FinTech
- Support needed for new and developing areas of business, including data, cyber etc
- Defining the future of UK-US FinTech partnerships, opportunities to enhance cooperation in the UK-US financial and related professional services relationships.
TheCityUK is the industry-led body representing UK-based financial and related professional services, promote policies that drive competitiveness, support job creation and ensure long-term economic growth.
FSTIB is chaired by John Glen MP, Economic Secretary to the Treasury & City Minister and run jointly by HM Treasury and the Department for International Trade. Industry members include:
- Dame Helena Morrissey, Head of UK Investing, Legal & General
- John McFarlane, Chairman, Barclays
- Dame Inga Beale, CEO, Lloyd’s of London
- Nathan Bostock, CEO, Santander UK
- Miles Celic, CEO, TheCityUK
- Sir Gerry Grimstone, Chairman, Standard Life Aberdeen
- David Warren, Interim CEO, London Stock Exchange Group