Gathering GBxers for a weekend brunch and a tour of Marin. Duncan Logan & the Marin Members hosting: if you are feeling keen join us for a bike or hike before brunch – GBx glory up for grabs!
Paradise Long OR Short Loops: Riders can depart from SF, the group will meet in Sausalito.
09:45 am – meeting point for bike ride (Sausalito ferry terminal parking lot, weekend ferry schedule)
10:00 am – Bike ride begins, Paradise “Long” loop will be led by GBx members, there are shorter options available, but currently no volunteers for the shorter loop!
(we recommend driving out to Blackies Pasture in Tiburon or checking out the local sights eg Bay Area Discovery museum as a family friendly option)
11:30 am – Brunch begins back in Sausalito at Harmonia Marin, 2200 Marinship Way, Sausalito, CA 94965
Paradise Long Loop:
- Mileage: ~ 32 miles with lots of rollers and sustained climb of ~320ft over ~1.5 miles along the shady camino alto.
- Elevation gain: ~1800 ft
- Exposure: ~70/30 sun/shade
- Road Conditions: paradise drive and corte madera avenue have no shoulder for most of their length. you must be comfortable sharing a lane with passing cars and super fast road cyclists on hilly sections with sharp turns. when available, recreational paths can be utilized for enjoying views and scenery
What to bring (we are not able to provide any bike equipment for this ride – riders must bring everything they need)
- Two (2) bottles of fluids
- Power bars (if needed)
- Recently tuned and well-fitting bike with extra tube + tools